What is Shared Plates?
Shared Plates is L.A.’s citywide night of dinner parties! On Saturday October 7th, 2017, the L.A. Kitchen is organizing 100 dinner parties hosted in homes all across Los Angeles. The dinners will bring Angelenos from every walk of life together to share in the power of food. 100% of ticket proceeds will go to support the L.A. Kitchen.
What is the L.A. Kitchen?
Founded by the trailblazing nonprofit leader Robert Egger, L.A. Kitchen believes that neither food nor people should ever go to waste. By purchasing and reclaiming cosmetically imperfect fruits and vegetables that would otherwise be discarded, using them to train unemployed men and women for culinary jobs, L.A. Kitchen creates healthy made-from-scratch meals for the community. Through this process, L.A. Kitchen reveals the power of food to strengthen, empower, and engage. Learn more
How can I get involved in Shared Plates?
There are three ways to get involved:
- Volunteer to host a dinner.
- RSVP as a guest and get your tickets.
- Help us spread the word. Use the hashtag #SharedPlatesLA and mention @TheLAKitchen
I'm interested in hosting a dinner. What's my commitment?
As a Shared Plates host, you'll welcome ticketed guests to your home for a fresh, delicious dinner on Saturday, October 7th. Here's what's expected of hosts:
- If feasible, your Shared Plates dinner should include a minimum of 7 guests (8 including you) -- but any size is welcome.
- As a host, your contribution is to cover food costs for your dinner party. In the spirit of the evening, we recommend a homemade menu served family-style. You can also arrange for a caterer.
- When you volunteer to host a dinner, you can choose to invite your own ticketed guests (you'll get a personalized RSVP page to share with friends), or you can open your dinner to ticketed guests matched by the L.A. Kitchen team. Either way, a Shared Plates organizer will contact you after you signup.
See the complete Host Guide to learn more.
What support can I expect as a host?
L.A. Kitchen will help with RSVPs and ticketing. We'll also provide a host kit that will give your dinner the Shared Plates 'look and feel.'
I want to host a dinner, but Oct. 22nd doesn't work. Can I host on a different date?
Totally! Just email us at email@example.com, and we'll work with you to make it happen.
How can I attend one of the dinners?
If you've been invited to Shared Plates by a specific host, you'll receive a unique link to RSVP and purchase tickets. If you haven't been invited by a specific host, you can RSVP for open seating and we'll match you to a Shared Plates dinner.
How much are tickets?
Tickets are $75 each. Thanks to the generosity of our dinner hosts, 100% of your ticket goes directly to support the L.A. Kitchen's vital work.
What if I have allergies and/or other dietary restrictions?
As with any dinner party, you'll have the opportunity to communicate allergies and/or dietary restrictions directly with your host, who will strive to accommodate. In addition, the RSVP form will ask you to give a heads up as you're buying tickets.
How can I cancel or change my reservation?
Tickets are not refundable. If you can't attend, we kindly request that you update your host and email firstname.lastname@example.org. You're welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend.
Email us at email@example.com